Monday, June 26, 2017

Pre-Surgery Butterflies - Prologue

What to expect before any surgery becomes a haunting daydream and constant afterthought in even the most minimal day-to-day occurrences. No matter the positive "vibes," and believers faith strong enough to move mountains, the inevitable human will succumb to the world of worry, and anxiousness.
The good news is there's hope beyond the approved preadmission jitters. If the surgery will improve your quality of life, half the battle is already won in the battle to defeat those pesky "butterflies."

So let's dwell on the subject matter of "post surgery." And, let's take it a step further as I open my journal of "before, during and after," my total knee replacement. Thankfully, my husband has exceeded every expectation in attending every appointment leading up to our decision to opt-in to knee surgery. The home preparation was actually a no-brainer and flawlessly executed. Funny, how I expected a few minor adjustments, yet the greatest adjustment was mental. So...I plan not to just encourage, but rather share my journey. Hopefully, my experience will enlighten future patients beyond the must watch "what to expect," video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback/comments

God is Love: Devotionals for the Heart: God cares about every s...

God is Love: Devotionals for the Heart: God cares about every s... : Tears in a Bottle A devotional by Angela Anderson “You keep track of a...