Thursday, July 20, 2017

Praise Reflections

"Man, I tell Ya!" God is too good to me, to us. I wouldn't know where to start in honorable mentions when it concerns how I was able to overcome chronic diseases, chronic anxiety, chronic this and that. My story of sweet redemption starts similar to most Christians. However, there wasn't a magic wand or even a sincere desire coupled with strong will power which led to my victorious outcome. It was a combination of faith, approaching temptation with a restored obedience to not succumb to ruthless, careless people, and situations. And a daily focus of what God's Word declared of me; I am an overcomer. I can succeed in life and overrule failure. I can visualize an honorable purview of my future. No matter the consequences of disobedience, we all have a choice to start from scratch. Even if the scratch is from a correctional facility, a hospital bed or a bad relationship. As I look back in my personal closet of shame, I can attest to many opportunities which availed themselves for me to regain a life of decency. However, that old devil was always there to remind me of man's unforgiving protocols.

This is where life becomes real and very fragile. I remember starting at a point where clothes, livelihood, shelter, and normalcy were void and seemingly impossible in that near-future. It was only when I kicked pride to the curb and resorted to homeless shelters, and self-help programs, and slowly regained communication with my immediate family. Coming from a stable and decent background, with a dash of teen rebellion afforded me a foundation of morals and integrity to build upon. Every contemptuous thought I had concerning my parents harsh-so I thought-rules and guidelines came back not to haunt me, but to serve as a guide to a life, even now I'm proud of. 

Now I can stare at the image reflecting back at me in my mirror of self-evaluation and truly see the amazing works of God. I see how my determination to succeed wasn't quite enough. I needed spiritual fuel consistently to guide my footsteps. I needed mentorship from women and men of integrity and the sole assignment of assisting me in realizing God purposed me to overcome every failed test. Now I can speak from the amazing experience which started out as moments so dark I actually considered suicide, much to God's chagrin. Now I can share a pure testimony of supernatural strength. From the hospital bed to the court dates, to the dangerous relationships, to those health crises which left me disabled, to wholeness and miracles. 

Truly I can find a praise in the worst of times, as I look back. Even when I felt alone, God always filled my heart with a sweet memory of hope and better days to come. Those moments of fulfillment are always there for each of us when we realize they never left.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback/comments

God is Love: Devotionals for the Heart: God cares about every s...

God is Love: Devotionals for the Heart: God cares about every s... : Tears in a Bottle A devotional by Angela Anderson “You keep track of a...