Sunday, July 2, 2017

Walking Tall

Ambulate with your shoulders back, relax your back, heel to toe while looking straight ahead, as you take moderate breaths. It takes painstaking effort and undivided focus to redeem a normal gait. Rehabilitating improperly to avoid pain while kicking proper technique to the curb is a waste of time and energy. It's vital to accept the reality of intermittent pockets of pain, however, the pain lessens as you commandeer your mental faculties and determine to execute your exercises with strict attention to detail. I'd rather slowly progress properly than rush through sessions and inadvertently succumb to bad habits which may very well lead to avoidable corrective surgeries.

My first rule of thumb was to "listen like my life depended on it." Despite the meaningless scuttlebutt of mean and uncaring physical therapist, I garnered an impressive level of respect for the profession if for no other reason than to hone in the necessary skills required to improve my recovery.

I'm currently wrestling with anxiousness. I know I have the mental capacity required to continue to improve, but my rehabilitation window differs from my body's timeframe to readjust itself. I'm learning certain muscles respond defiantly if they feel bullied or harassed. I basically must set up a meeting with other muscles and sign an agreement of coordination. Actually, my left tibia and femur bone remain civil after a minor reconstruction but caused "mad" friction with the "quad squad." Go Figure. Well, tomorrow we'll resume talks before our weekly summit and hopefully agree on a peace treaty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback/comments

God is Love: Devotionals for the Heart: God cares about every s...

God is Love: Devotionals for the Heart: God cares about every s... : Tears in a Bottle A devotional by Angela Anderson “You keep track of a...